Welcome to St Aidan’s Anglican Church
Visiting us for the first time?
We warmly welcome you the St Aidan’s Parish. We appreciate that it can be a little intimidating for some people walking into a strange church for the first time (for some, perhaps it’s simply been a long time – a lot has changed since then and we hope that you will feel at home at St Aidan’s).
Our songs are singable, the sermons are understandable, the people welcoming, and you don’t need to come in a suit. We’d love to see you this Sunday, but if you’d like to read more about Faith before you come to church, you’ll find two articles here, written to help those who want to explore key aspects of Christianity.
Making visitors and new people feel welcome in our midst is a very important part of our Parish ministry. To help with this we have some friendly faces at the door who can help you find your way in and a brochure, which contains information on who to contact, service times, and regular Parish events/activities. A hard copy of the brochure “Welcome to St Aidan’s” can be found in our Gathering Area so please take one!
You’re welcome to join us for morning tea as well, which happens between the 8am and 9.30am services and again after the 9.30 service – both in the Gathering Area. If you would like to be on our Parish roll, please fill out the Newcomers Form and hand it in to our Office – or you’ll find one in the Gathering Area.
Take a look at our worship times here.
Want to get involved?
We hope you can find a place that suits you here in our Parish. Here are some of the groups that are always happy to have new members:
- AAW – Christine Kennedy
- Children’s Ministry – Sarah Ashworth
- Choir – Chris Graham
- Grounds Roster – Stuart Gray
- Home Groups – Contact Glen Ashworth (0274 574 105) or Sheryl (578 2520)
- Hospitality – Sue Williams
- Mainly Music – Glen Ashworth
- Maintenance – John Glenie
- Men’s Group – Glen Ashworth
- Outreach – Pip Colgan
- Pastoral Care – Marie Taylor
- Prayer Circle – Anne Mercer
- Sanctuary Guild (Flowers and church cleaning) – Jenny Haggitt
- Wednesday Friendship Lunch – Jenny Haggitt
- Young Adults – Conor McGrath
- Youth Group – Conor McGrath
Contact the Office on (09) 929 4670 ext 1